December Challenges and offers
FREE ONLINE WELLBEING SESSIONS
Remember we are still running free online wellbeing classes that are available throughout T3 (except for a quick break over the holiday period – these will run until Wednesday 20 December 2023 before the University end-of-year closedown, before resuming on Monday 22 January 2024).
- Monday: Yoga, 12.15–1pm. Register now
- Tuesday: Meditation, 10.15–10.30am. Register now
- Wednesday: Pilates, 12.15–1pm. Register now
- Thursday: Meditation, 10.15–10.30am. Register now.
Have fun celebrating your achievements this year and enjoy your holidays!
Say hello to summer with these free offers at DeakinACTIVE!
The holiday season is upon us – yay! Let’s soak up the warmer weather and get MOVEing to stay happy and healthy for the summer months ahead.
Remember: the DeakinACTIVE gyms on each campus will remain open until Thursday 21 December 2023, but don’t worry about missing your workouts over the break – once the gyms close until the new year, you can still access our online classes via the DeakinMOVES app and on social media.
December Fitness Challenges
Not one but two fun fitness challenges to keep your MOVEing your body towards Christmas:
- Merry Fitmas – Everyone who completes 8 workouts during December goes in the running to win 2-weeks FREE DeakinACTIVE thrive membership.
- Skip Into Summer – Everyone who runs 50km throughout December goes in the running to win 2-weeks FREE DeakinACTIVE thrive membership.
Download the DeakinMOVES app and join our monthly challenges today!
Free play Fridays @ Burwood & Waurn Ponds
If you’re based at the Burwood Campus, you’re welcome to come down and use the Multi-purpose court for free, or if you’re at Waurn Ponds then the stadium is also open for Free Play Fridays as well!
Did you know you can also hire out equipment? Grab a soccer ball or some racquets and head to Burwood’s outdoor MPC or Waurn Pond’s indoor stadium to practice some shots with a friend, try the squash court (Waurn Ponds only), or try your hand at pickleball! Just come see us at reception to enquire.