COVID-19 Update Information
The health and wellbeing of Deakin students and our DeakinACTIVE members remains our highest priority. We are following all government and health guidelines, and listening carefully to any questions and concerns we receive from our staff, members and Deakin University as we move through this new COVID normal. If you are a student of Deakin University, you can find further information on the Deakin University website COVID-19 FAQ.
Update: February 25th, 2022
As per the VIC public health restrictions that are being eased from 11.59pm tonight, Friday 25th February, masks will no longer be required to be worn inside DeakinACTIVE facilities.
Please make sure you still carry a mask with you at all times and members will still have to QR scan on arrival to the gym.
As part of the roadmap to living with COVID and to follow all VIC Government and public health advice, from November 3rd, 2021* only fully vaccinated staff, students and visitors (or those with an ATAGI-approved reason for an exception) will be able to enter any DeakinACTIVE facilities. Please make sure you have received both doses by this date and have received your vaccination certificate.
*On your first visit to DeakinACTIVE our staff need to sight your current vaccination certificate and will make a note of your immunisation status on your membership file for future reference. Members will not be able to attend DeakinACTIVE without double vaccination.
Not sure how to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status? See here for more info. For further information about the road map back to campus, please refer to Deakin University’s plans to re-open. Any queries, please don’t hesitate to email us directly.
Health & Safety
All safety and hygiene protocols will be enforced at DeakinACTIVE to keep everyone safe during their workouts.
- Masks are again required to be worn at all times within our facilities unless you are undertaking strenuous activity (and must be re-applied once your strenuous activity is completed)
- QR code scanning is required on arrival
- Please be mindful of those around you within the facilities
- Please wipe down your equipment after each use and use the hand sanitiser provided
- Maintain social distancing at all times
- You must be fully vaccinated to enter DeakinACTIVE facilities.